Prior to beginning work on this discussion, be sure to view the Help! Need Article (Links to an external site.) interactive. Review the Graduate Research Guide for Psychology (Links to an external site.), Psychology Subject Guide (Links to an external site.), Academic Voice for Graduate Writing Download Academic Voice for Graduate Writing, and Professional Voice and Writing Download Professional Voice and Writingresources provided by the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the Writing Center. You will be referencing these resources as you complete this assignment.
Psychology professionals (i.e. professors and researchers) require research and writing skills for their day-to-day work. It is important for those working in psychology to use both academic and professional writing within the appropriate settings since they differ according to the types of items created. It is also of primary importance that all claims be supported with appropriate research within the discipline. This discussion has two components:
Part 1: Visit the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and find three articles of interest to you from a general area in psychology (Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, etc). Develop an annotated bibliography using the UAGC Writing Center’s (Links to an external site.) template putting all citations/sources in APA 7th ed. format, and conclude with a summation of the topic overall based on the information from all three articles. Save this as a word document.
Part 2: In your initial post, reflect on the process of finding the articles:
- What specific issues did you encounter?
- What were the challenges in both the research and writing processes?
- How did you work to overcome the challenges in this assignment, and how might you use this experience to inform future research and writing practices?
- How were the resources in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the Writing Center useful to you during the process?
- Are there specific additional resources you would like to have for future assignments?
- Attach the annotate bibliography and summation.
Guided Response: After completing the two parts of the initial post (see the instructions Download instructions), review several of your colleague’s posts and respond to at least two of your peers by 11:59 p.m. on Day 7 of the week. You are encouraged to post your required replies earlier in the week to promote more meaningful interactive discourse in this discussion.
- Did your colleague indicate the same or similar issues and challenges you did?
- What did you do to alleviate problems and overcome challenges during the creation of your Professional Research Summary, which might be of use to your colleague?
- Consider your colleague’s topic selection and findings. Did the articles chosen appear to represent the topic indicated?
- Did the citation list and descriptions conform to the model of academic writing provided by the Writing Center?
- Did the summary provided conform to the model of professional writing provided by the Writing Center?
- What suggestions might you make to your colleague that could assist him or her in the future?