Answer the following questions : (5-7 pages)
1. What the rules governing the use of force currently are as laid out in the UN Charter and customary international law, noting the principles upon which these rules rest, and how they apply to humanitarian interventions.
2. When, if ever, are humanitarian interventions legal under existing jus ad bellum rules?
3. How mass atrocities like genocide and ethnic cleansing and the question of humanitarian interventions challenge and complicate these rules in different ways?
4. What are some of the main challenges that humanitarian interventions pose to existing rules on the use of force?
5. What problems emerge when considering the legality of humanitarian interventions either through or outside of the UN Security Council?
6. Discuss whether you think the existing rules related to humanitarian intervention are adequate. If so, justify this position without neglecting the real humanitarian consequences that would follow from it. If not, discuss how we should balance the responsibility to prevent atrocities with the dangers of imperialism and possible great power conflict.
– Be sure your argument focuses on the legal principles of the laws of war, and try to link your suggested changes (if any) in the laws governing humanitarian intervention to the existing principles that underlie jus ad bellum rules.
times new roman, double-space, size 12. Citation APA.
Use the following source: (attached to question)
– Also the UN Charter website